ALIFE 2020 TUTORIAL: HackSPLAT
Programming soft alife with SPLAT and ulam
Deterministic CPU/RAM computing is becoming unscalable and unsecurable. The Movable Feast Machine is an indefinitely scalable architecture based on best-effort correctness and robust, life-like software. This tutorial introduces the two main programming languages for the MFM.
- When and where
- Conducted online July 13, 2020 16:00-17:30 EDT, as part of the ALIFE2020 conference
- Target audience
- Programmers and developers comfortable enough with traditional computers and languages to wonder if there isn't something more out there -- AKA Restless Deterministic Machine Programmers
- Dave Ackley, director of Living Computation Foundation and the T2 Tile Project, AKA Recovering, Restless Deterministic Machine Programmer
- Scripts and code samples
- A single zip file with install information and code snippets.
- A PDF file with slides and notes
- Excellent tutorial notes by Liza Shulyayeva